Sunday, February 17, 2008

Some ideas for a final project

Final project? Oh dear, what's that?

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I was really intrigued by the idea of using some other medium than just pencil and pen. I really like the motion of the one animation shown in class (the one with the dancing figures, I can't recall the name), as well as the feel that the use of blended materials gave. I'm thinking that I might end up with a bland of traditonal (line drawn) animation with pastels to give a soft, even sort of color.

As for concept, I've felt really drawn to the more abstract animations that utilize shape and color to tell a story. I was thinking, however, of having the shapes morph into more recognizable things (I guess I love the idea of metamorphosis). So, as for a concept, I almost picture showing some sort of food chain - a predator and prey relationship between things. Granted, this might be really really ambitious, but I can picture it in my mind so well - one small thing manifests itself, is eaten, that thing is eaten, etc, etc. I'm thinking it might be a fun way to utilize animal locomotion to tell a recognizable story without words.

So, then, a recap:
1. Soft, fluid colors
2. Probably no lines
3. Focus on color (possibly music)
4. Animal locomotion
5. Predator/Prey relationships
6. Metamorphosis

No comments: